- A true Kentucky thoroughbred, the Old Fashioned made its way east to the Waldorf Astoria in New York in the late 1800’s. But it was during the post-prohibition era that this elder statesman secured its place in cocktail folklore, becoming the drink of choice for the Mad men, Movie moguls and everyone in between. American malt, sugar syrup and bitters. Smooth, simple, and most pleasing to the palate, this is the drink one orders when one has arrived.
- 60mL Lyre's American Malt
- 5mL white sugar syrup (1:1)
- 2 dashes aromatic bitters
- Method: Stir briefly over fresh ice
- Glass: Old Fashioned
- Garnish: Orange Peel
* FOR A LOWER ALCOHOL OPTION, REPLACE 30ML (HALF) OF AMERICAN MALT WITH 30ML OF AMERICAN WHISKEY OF YOUR CHOICE